Monday 9 September 2013

Debugging Stop 0xFE

I thought I'll debug a Stop 0xFE tonight, which is usually related to problems with USB device drivers. I tend to stay away from Stop 0xFE's, as a result of my experience with them, when I first started debugging, but I'm going to start taking them on again.

We need to firstly check what the parameters correspond to, by checking the MSDN site and checking the references for this bugcheck. 

 Checking the documentation provided, we can see that the bugcheck happened, as a result of the driver waiting for a suspend-port request to complete.

With this bugcheck, I would check the USB driver timestamps with the lmtsm command, and then update the drivers.

I would additionally recommend turning off USB Port Suspension.

No comments:

Post a Comment